Sometimes I review the stats page for this Blog. It's interesting to see what posts get the most traffic since the traffic on AR blogs is based solely on, at most, four factors:
My traffic presumably comes from the first in the list. My topics are not directly real estate- I'm in the support business in SEO, photography and web marketing. Google won't rank my posts as high as a listing or community post because it compares my content to sites and blogs that are directly related to my topics and those sites (including my own Orange County SEO site) rank higher than somewhat "off topic" posts here. Since I've never been a featured poster, (there are lots of daily posts from that 176k member base) that leaves the Recent Blog feed and Search. Most of the traffic I received on my most popular post came long after it scrolled off the Recent Blog feed, leaving the Search option.
From this, I can draw the conclusion that members of ActiveRain are actively seeking information on ranking high on Google for their websites. These folks are classified into two categories. Those with their own websites and those who use ActiveRain as their primary website. I've always written from the perspective that people want to use ActiveRain for a supporting blog for their primary website. I do that myself, but there are some very successful agents who use ActiveRain as their primary site. The foremost I know of is "Coach Katerina" whose ActiveRain blog is frequently on page one for geographically targeted posts like Olympia Wellington FL homes for sale. Her ActiveRain website is a rich resource for studying how to make your own ActiveRain blog stand out on its own merits. I recommend a thorough study of her tactics, techniques and strategies. She also provides professional coaching for SEO beginners in real estate.
- Recent Blog Posts Feed - This means that a decision to click through to the blog post is based on the title and leading text- ie. this sample I pulled from the top spot right now: 100 days left! - 02/26/2010 11:54 AM
The expiration date of the up-to-$8, 000 tax credit has been pushed forward to spring, requiring homebuyers to be under contract for a home no later than April 30, 2010, and to be closed no later than…
- Google search results. If you're posting listings, etc. You may be ranking high on Google for your target area, depending on competition and the SEO of the post.
- Featured blogs. This factor, of course generates more traffic than any other. Featured blogs are on the home page of AR and, based on the high ratio of comments, get a substantial fraction of 175,617 and counting members.
- ActiveRain search. You can click Search in the menu bar and search for anything on the ActiveRain website.

My traffic presumably comes from the first in the list. My topics are not directly real estate- I'm in the support business in SEO, photography and web marketing. Google won't rank my posts as high as a listing or community post because it compares my content to sites and blogs that are directly related to my topics and those sites (including my own Orange County SEO site) rank higher than somewhat "off topic" posts here. Since I've never been a featured poster, (there are lots of daily posts from that 176k member base) that leaves the Recent Blog feed and Search. Most of the traffic I received on my most popular post came long after it scrolled off the Recent Blog feed, leaving the Search option.
From this, I can draw the conclusion that members of ActiveRain are actively seeking information on ranking high on Google for their websites. These folks are classified into two categories. Those with their own websites and those who use ActiveRain as their primary website. I've always written from the perspective that people want to use ActiveRain for a supporting blog for their primary website. I do that myself, but there are some very successful agents who use ActiveRain as their primary site. The foremost I know of is "Coach Katerina" whose ActiveRain blog is frequently on page one for geographically targeted posts like Olympia Wellington FL homes for sale. Her ActiveRain website is a rich resource for studying how to make your own ActiveRain blog stand out on its own merits. I recommend a thorough study of her tactics, techniques and strategies. She also provides professional coaching for SEO beginners in real estate.

No comments:
Post a Comment